Jobs at 71 Brewing
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000, based on experience
Based at The Ironworks, 36-40 Bellfield Street, Dundee, Scotland DD1 5HZ
Reporting to the founder and MD of Seventy One Brewing, the Marketing Manager will hold responsibility for marketing our growing, multi-award-winning brewing business.
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual to transform our marketing proposition in line with our ambitious business plan. You will be a confident communicator who loves to work creatively with others, both inside and outside of our business. You will have a great deal of autonomy to forge new ideas and use your expertise to bring about fast-paced change. The role is hands-on and will require experience and enthusiasm across all aspects of the marketing mix.
We want to harness your skills and experience to create and execute campaigns that will drive brand awareness and bring footfall both online and to our site. You will be responsible for shaping and investing a marketing budget to enable immediate results.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the creation of the marketing plan in response to our business strategy as we embark on a programme of expansion & growth.
The Seventy One Brewing business is expanding and alongside the growth of our beer enterprise, in May 2023 we are launching a new venture, The Manufactory. This is an exciting development at our site on Bellfield Street which will include our tap room, art exhibition space, a studio space for craft businesses, distillery, education centre and events space. The role will be split across both enterprises and will initially involve the launch and advertising phase of the new Manufactory business. It is anticipated that after the initial launch the role will be 60% focused on the Seventy One Brewing business and 40% the Manufactory business.
The role works closely with our small team of passionate and enthusiastic craft beer experts and to play a lead in setting the culture of the new enterprise.
Management and Measurement
- Utilise internal and external data to ensure we are constantly aware of customer behaviour and opportunities to optimise sales.
- Research our customer core demographics and how to best reach them, in order to maximise search engine traffic and to create effective digital marketing campaigns.
- Create clear KPIs for our Marketing and E-commerce activity and set targets to monitor against, including sales, footfall, site performance, conversion rates and traffic.
- Manage the resolution of any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Building a strong relationship with external marketing agencies and support service providers such as printers.
Marketing – Managing Campaigns
- To lead Marketing Campaigns to attract, retain and reactivate customers across all forms of digital and print media.
- To play a key leadership role in creating compelling campaigns and keeping a keen eye on the competition. Working closely with the founder to interpret their vision for the business into the campaign plans.
- To take ownership of the end-to-end campaign plan, inspiring others to work with you to deliver across all phases from inspiration, brief, coordination, execution and review. Campaigns to launch the new Manufactory business will be a core focus for the role.
- Working closely with our existing PR Agency to jointly craft PR activity will be an essential element of the role.
Marketing – Digital Marketing
- Create, execute and evaluate the effectiveness of digital campaigns, with a key focus around ROI.
- Develop and maintain our email database for both elements of the business. Generating regular communications to both customer groups with exciting and compelling content with a keen eye to monitoring the impact they have by reviewing open rates and subsequent customer activity.
- A concise understanding of what is required from SEO
- Create and execute a compelling Social Media plan with a clear visual aesthetic in line with our brand proposition to drive awareness and interaction.
- Keeping yourself up to date with the most appropriate software which you will research and review regularly to keep us up to date.
Ecommerce - Strategic Planning:
- Work in collaboration with MD & Ops manager to design, develop and embed a business development plan to achieve our sales targets for our own website to account for 12% of our business within a 2-3 year timescale.
- Reporting on results and improving plans to respond to the changing dynamics of the marketplace to keep up to date with trends and customer needs and opportunities.
- Setting advertising budgets and strategies to optimise sales and returns.
Ecommerce - Website Development
- Sourcing and working with external technical agencies to transform the functionality of our website.
- To take full responsibility for the design and UX on our website across all platforms.
- Actively respond to customer feedback and use customer behaviour metrics to optimise sales & navigation.
- Manage the relationship with web development partners to determine the format and features, and develop and optimise the online sales channels.
- Self-motivated to optimise on-site UX / UI / CX
- Improve and optimise product content online by keeping on top of pricing, photos and descriptions.
Trade Marketing – Driving Business to Business sales
- To work with our sales team to provide compelling trade marketing communications and point of sale to share our point of difference and influence customer behaviour to drive sales.
- Work with MD and Ops Manager to support all businesses with marketing collateral as and when required.
- To support the creation of new products, working with external design agencies and creating compelling launch plans.
- Ensuring that all our collateral is on brand and all copywriting is of the required standard.
General business support
- To undertake all activity as required by the founder or management team to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- To actively promote best practice within safe and legal working operations.
- To play a key leadership role in keeping yourself and others up to date, specifically within Trading Standards and GDPR.
To be successful in the role you’ll need a positive attitude and a willingness to treat the business like it is your own:
- An interest in Beer is advantageous, but no past beer or food and drink experience is required.
- A passion for our business; both across Seventy One Brewing and the new Manufactory business, with an appreciation of the vision we are creating for a brand new art exhibition space and a studio space for craft businesses.
- An appreciation of the local food and drink from Tayside would be advantageous.
- An experienced Marketeer with at least 4 years’ experience – preferably within retail or hospitality within a fast-paced environment.
- An all-rounder who is self-motivated and can set clear deadlines and work without the need for close supervision.
- Experience of working with marketing agencies would be welcome.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines – someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to prioritise.
- A confident personality within a non-corporate environment – someone who is able to self-direct and create their own working structure.
- The ability to work with others who have limited marketing or ecom knowledge.
- A creative thinker, able to bring new suggestions/ideas to the table.
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of customers and business priorities.
- A completer-finisher
- Continuous improvement mindset and can assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
To be successful in the role you’ll need a rounded knowledge & skills background:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – with strong attention to detail and a talent for creative content writing (Intermediate with Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Experience of marketing software knowledge is essential (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Hootsuite and Mailchimp, or similar)
- Practical experience of E-commerce software, ideally Shopify, working alongside technical partners to support.
- Broad knowledge and analysis of digital marketing across SEO/SEM/PPC as well as email marketing and social media experience.
- A great visual appreciation to inspire a compelling social campaign, with excellent photography skills or ability to brief an external agency to create your vision.
- Strong understanding of the customer journey and user interaction.
- Good knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Experience of advertising and managing budgets.
- Management of CMS database – Proven experience of managing e-commerce websites. (payment gateways, orders, stock, etc) Direct to Consumer (D2C)
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health and wellbeing)
- Monthly Beer Allowance
- Cicerone Beer Tasting Training
42.5 hours a week, typically Monday to Friday but with the flexibility for weekend promotional events. The role is office based, with some flexibility around working from home as and when required.
How to applyPlease submit your application through email@example.com including your CV and a covering letter by the closing date: 10th December 2022.
71 Brewing strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can ALL be ourselves. We offer flexible working arrangements, and employee assistance & Well Being programmes, to support our staff.